Professor - Kim Kyung-Hyun
■ Phone : +82-2-3290-2054
■ E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor, Department of History, Korea University
Associate Professor, Department of Western History, Korea University
Associate Professor, Department of History, Dankook University
Ph.D in History, Korea University
M.A. in History, Seoul National University
B.A. in History, Dankook University
『King Jungjo and 18th Century』, Blue History, 2013 (Co-Author)
『Light and Shadow of the Global Leading Countries』, Minjungseorim Bobmunsa , 2013 (Co-Author)
『Understanding Multiculturalism』, The Icfai University Press, 2008. (Co-Author)
『Western History Lecture』 (3rd ed), Hanul , 2007. (Co-Author)
『Western History』, Bookworld , 2007. (Co-Author)
『Family and Gender in the West』, Dandae , 2003. (Co-Author)
『Western History Lecture』 (2nd ed), Hanul , 2000. (Co-Author)
『Nobi, Serf and Slave』, Ilchokak , 1999.
『Ancient Western History Lecture』, Hanul , 1996. (Co-Author)
『Society of Ancient and Medieval West』, Shinyangsa , 1993. (Co-Author)
『Western History Lecture』, Hanul , 1992. (Co-Author)
『Historians and Historical Perspective』, Minumsa , 1989. (Co-Author)
- 「Roman Gladiatorial Game as an Imperialistic Culture」, 『The Journal of Western History』, 2014
- 「Physical Education and Sports Culture among the Ancient Greeks: an Essay for a History of Gymnasion」, 『 The Korean Historical Review (THE YOKSA HAKBO) 』, 2014
- 「Ruling Principles of Roman Empire: the Perspective of a Colonial Elite」, 『 The Korean Historical Review (THE YOKSA HAKBO) 』, 2013
- 「Jewish Diaspora in the Roman Empire」, 『 Homo Migrans 』, 2013
- 「An Analytical Survey of the Rise and Fall of Roman Empire」, 『 Journal for the Promotion of Classical Studies 』, 2012
- 「A Study on the Nature and Significance of Husband's Right to kill his Adulterous Wife in the Augustan Law of Adultery」, 『 The Journal of Greco-Roman Studies 』, 2012.
- 「An Introduction to Polybios' Histories: Universal history and Pragmatic history」, 『 SOYANGSARON (The Western History Review) 』, 2011
- 「A Study on the Cults of Personality in the Ancient Western World」, 『 Journal for the Promotion of Classical Studies 』, 2010
- 「Princeps Augustus and Urbs Roma」, 『 History and Discourse: Journal of Historical Review 』, Ho-suh Sahak , 2008
- 「Shiono Nanami and A New Story of the Romans」, 『 Cogito 』, Pusan National University Humanities Institute , 2008.
- 「Housing of the City of Rome during the Roman Empire 」, 『 EPISTÉMÉ 』, Center for Applied Cultural Sciences, Korea University , 2007
- 「A Review of Scholarship in Ancient History」, 『 The Korean Historical Review (THE YOKSA HAKBO) 』, 2007
- 「Multiculturalism and the Roman Empire」, 『 Bulletin of the Institute for Mediterranean Studies 』, Institute for Mediterranean Studies, Waseda University , 2007
- 「Translation and Exegesis of Lucian's <How to Write History?>」, 『 Journal for the Promotion of Classical Studies 』, 2006
- 「Historiography and Rhetoric in the Classical Antiquity 」, 『 The Korean Journal of History of Historiography 』, 2006.
- 「The Origin of Greek Historiography 」, 『 The Journal of Greco-Roman Studies 』, 2006
- 「 In Defence of Herodotus, the Father of History」, 『 The Journal of Greco-Roman Studies 』, 2005.
- 「Ronald Syme, the Emperor of Roman History」, 『 The Journal of Western History 』, 2005
- 「The Roman Empire: Integration and Defence」, 『 World Politics 』, Center for International Studies, Seoul National University , 2005.
- 「The Idea of libertas and its Vicissitudes in Tacitean Literature 」, 『 Journal for the Promotion of Classical Studies 』, 2004.
- 「Roman Empire and Multiculturalism 」, 『 History and Culture 』, 2003.
- 「Black Athena: Contemporary America and Ancient Greece」, 『 The Quarterly Changbi 』, 2003.
- 「Romulean Images in the Augustan Monumental Arts and Literature 」, 『 Journal for the Promotion of Classical Studies 』, 2002.
- 「Roman Homosexuality 」, 『 History and Culture 』, 2001.
- 「Marriage and Extra-Marital Relations among the Upper Strata of the Early Imperial Roman Society: Realities and Discourses 」, 『 SOYANGSARON (The Western History Review) 』, 2000.
- 「 Realities of 'Female Emancipation' in the Roman Upper-class during the late Repulic and early Empire」, 『 The Journal of Greco-Roman Studies 』, 1997
- 「‘Shino Nanami Phenomenon’ and Correct Understanding of History」, 『 Critical Review of History 』, 1997.
- 「The Concept of Univira and Remarriage in Ancient Roman Society」, 『 The Journal of Greco-Roman Studies 』, 1996.
- 「Recent Works on the Roman Family」, 『 SOYANGSARON (The Western History Review) 』 , 1995.
- 「Review and Perspective, Western Ancient History」, 『 The Korean Historical Review (THE YOKSA HAKBO) 』, 1995.
- 「Political History Research Trend of the Late Roman Republic: Law(Institution), Authoritarian Elite, and Public Involvement」, 『 SOYANGSARON (The Western History Review) 』, 1994.
- 「History Research and Periodization」, 『 Journal of Korean Studies 』, 1994.
- 「Suggestions for a More Productive Discussion on Roman History」, 『 The Korean Historical Review (THE YOKSA HAKBO) 』, 1993.
- 「Roman Rule and the Transformation of Sicilian Agricultural Economy」, 『 Festschrift on the 60th Anniversary of ChoongSikChang, PhD 』, 1992.
- 「T. Gracchus and Politics of Reform 」, 『 The Journal of Greco-Roman Studies 』, 1991.
- 「On the Nature of bellum Spartacum」, 『 SOYANGSARON (The Western History Review) 』, 1990.
- 「On the Nature of Aristonicos' Movement」, in T. Yuge & M. Doi (eds.), Forms of Control and Subordination in Antiquity, E.J. Brill Publisher, Leiden, 1988.
- 「On the Background of the Reforms of Tiberius Gracchus」, Ph.D. Dissertation , 1987.
- 「Some Historiographical Problems Concerning the Roman Republic」, 『 The Korean Historical Review (THE YOKSA HAKBO) 』, 1987.
- 「Ancient Slavery Society; An Overview of the Roman Slavery from its Genesis to Florescence」, 『 The Journal of Greco Roman Studies 』, 1987.
- 「Depopulation and the Military Crisis during the 2nd Century B.C.」, 『 Journal of Dankook University 』, 1987.
- 「Stoicism and Roman Politics in the Second Century B.C.」, 『 SOYANGSARON (The Western History Review) 』, 1986.
- 「The Changing Italian Agricultural Structure during the 2nd Century B.C.」, 『 The Historical Journal 』 , 1986.
- 「Political Structure of Nineties B.C.: Political Background of the Reform of M. L. Drusus in 91 B.C.」, 『 Festschrift on the 60th Anniversary of SeokHongMin, PhD 』, Samyoungsa , 1985.
- 「Was 129 B.C. a Beginning Year for Gracchani's Policy for the Equites?: case of the Senatus Consultum de agro Pergameno」, 『 Sa Chong (The Historical Journal) 』, 1984.
- 「Gracchan Judiciary Law and the Lex Repetundarum on the Tabula Bembina 」, 『 SOYANGSARON (The Western History Review) 』, 1984.
- 「Was 129 B.C. a Beginning Year for Gracchani's Policy for the Equites?: cases of plebiscitum equorum reddendorum and lex theatralis」, 『 Sa Chong (The Historical Journal) 』, 1983.
- 「On the Origins of the Roman Standing Criminal Court」, 『 The Historical Journal 』, 1982.
- 「A Study on Catilinarian Chronology」, 『 Sa Chong (The Historical Journal) 』, 1979.
- 「Cicero's Political Program for Roman Republic: Concordia Ordinum」, 『 The Korean Historical Review (THE YOKSA HAKBO) 』, 1979.
Professor - Lew Hee-Soo
■ Phone : +82-2-3290-2055
■ E-mail : email@example.com
Book: Writing and Translation
Read Western History through Body and Biopolitics , 2011(collab.).
Furta Sacra: Thefts of Relics in the Central Middle Ages , by Patrick J. Geary, 2010(trans.).
Les lieux de mémoire , by Pierre Nora etc., 2010(collab. trans.).
Priest and Jester: Ecclesiastical Culture and Popular Culture in the Middle Ages , 2009.
Montaillou: village occitan de 1294 à 1324 , by Emmanuel Le Roy Ladurie, 2006(trans.)
Introduction to European Medieval History , 2003(collab.).
Family and Sex in Western History, 2003(collab.).
Sex, Dissidence and Damnation: Minoirty Groups in the Middle Ages , by Jeffrey Richards, 1999(collab. trans.)
The Civilizing Process: The History of Manners , by Nobert Elias, 1995(trans.).
La civilisation de l’occident médiéval , by Jacques Le Goff, 1992(reed. 2004)(trans.).
“Tournaments in 12th and 13th-Century France from the Viewpoint of Ecclesiastical Criticisms”, Journal of Western Medieval History , 34, 2014.
“The Dubbing in the Romances of Chrétien de Troyes”, Revue coréenne d’histoire française , 31, 2014.
“Discontinuity and Continuity of Declining Ordeal in 13th-Century France”, The Western History Review , 115, 2012.
“Topography of Korean Studies of Western History: 2009-2010”, The Korean Historical Review , 211, 2011.
“Ecclesiastical Ideology and Disciplinary Mechanism of Body and Sex in Late Middle Ages”, The Western History Review , 104, 2010.
“Metaphore and Social Realities Revealed in 12th-Century Courtly Love”, Revue coréenne d’histoire française , 18, 2008.
“Ideology and Reality of Adoption in Medieval France”, Journal of Western Medieval History , 16, 2005.
“Penetration of Ecclesiastical Nuptial Codes and Sexual Norms into the Daily Life in 13th-Century France”, Revue coréenne d’histoire française , 11, 2004.
“Quelques caractéristiques des structures de parenté apparues aux XIIe-XIIIe siècles”, The Fifth Korean-Japaneses Symposium on Medieval History of Europe , Seoul, 2003.
“The Nature of Kinship Structure As Revealed in Medieval Nomenclature”, Journal of Western Medieval History , 9, 2002
“The Function of Spiritual Kinship in Formation of the Idea of ‘European Family’ in the Middle Ages”, Study of Western Classics , 18, 2002
“Ecclesiastical Ideology and Social Reality of Prostitution: Exempla of St. Thaïs”, History and Culture , 4. 2001.
“Marriage and Sex in 11th and 12th-Century French Nobility: Ecclesiastical Ideology and Social Reality”, The Western History Review , 65, 2000.
“Topography of Korean European Medieval History: 1996-1997”, The Korean Historical Review , 159, 1998.
“Popular Sermon and Exemplum of Jacques de Vitry”, Journal of Western Medieval History , 2, 1997.
“Influences of 14th-Century Pest on Image of the Death and the Other World”, Sa-Chong , 46, 1997.
“Influences de la Peste noire du 14e siècle sur l’image de la mort et de l’au-delà”,
The Fourth Japanese-Korean Symposium on Medieval History of Europe, Tokyo, 1997.
“Representation of Late Medieval Hell as a Bet of Power”, The Western History Review , 47, 1995.
“Image sociale du paradis et de l’enfer à la fin du Moyen Âge”, The Third Japanese- Korean Symposium on Medieval History of Europe , Seoul, 1994.
“Social Image of the Other World in Late Medieval France”, Kyungdaesaron , 7, 1994.
“Iconography and History: Symbolic Meaning of Iconography in Medieval Ages and Renaissance”, Journal of Humanities , 6, 1994.
“Social Attitude toward the Death and the Other World in Late Medieval France”, dissertation, Korea Univ. 1992.
“Time of Death as a Passage of Rite in Late Middle Ages”, Kyungnamsahak , 5, 1991.
“Urban Mentality in Image of the Death and the Other World in the Late Middle Ages”, The Second Japanese-Korean Symposium on Medieval History of Europe , Tokyo, 1991.
“Korean Studies on the Social and Economic History in Later Middle Age”, Kyungdaesaron , 4, 1990.
“Social Attitude toward the Sexual Problems of Youth in Late Middle Ages”, Kyungdaesaron , 3, 1987.
“Conflict between Sexual Instinct and Salvation in Medieval Church”, Kyungnamsahak , 3, 1986.
“A Study of Formation of Feudal Society: Voluntary Dependance”, Sa-Chong , 27, 1983.
Professor - Min Kyoung Hyun
■ Phone : +82-2-3290-2056
■ E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Université Paris 1||Russian History||Ph.D|
|Université Paris 1||History||M.A.|
Department of History, Korea
University, Seoul, Korea
『Comparison of Modern East Asian Perception of History 』, Sunin, 2004. (Co-Author)
『History of the Soviet Union from the age of Russian Revolution to Stalin 』, Sinsuhwon, 2002.
『Cultural History of Russia 』, Shulgin, V. S, Humanitas, 2002. (Co-Translator)
「Unemployment and Struggle for Space in the Urban Context: in the Late Nineteenth Century -with Particular Reference to Municipal Relief Works and the Hungerhill Gardens Attack- 」 , British Studies, Korean Society of British History, 2011
「Description of East Asia in Russian History Textbooks 」, 『Education of East Asian History in Europe and America 』, Northeast Asian History Foundation, 2009
「Beyond the Horizon: Sheila Fitzpatrick and Her Studies on the History of Everyday Life in Russian History」, 『Yuksabipyung』, Yuksabipyungsa, 2008
「The foreign policy of Russian Empire toward Chosun in the Late 19th century and the Treaty of Friendship and Commerce between Russia and Korea」, 『Daedongmunhwayungu』, Daedongmunhwa Institute, 2008
「Controversy of History and Territory of Russia and Ukraine」, 『Territorial and Historical Dispute of Europe 』, Northeast Asian History Foundation, 2008
「Diversification of Agenda Scholarship of Russian History in 2005~2006」, 『Yuksahakbo』, Korean Historical Association, 2007
「Russia`s Policy toward Korea in the Late 19th century」, 『Rusistika』,Korean Association of Rusists, 2006
「The Origin of the Siberian Regionalist Thought」, 『Slav Hakbo』, Institute of Russia, 2004
「Russian Revolution and Nationalism」, 『Sachong』, Institute of the Study for History, 2004
「Внешняя политика Российской империи в Восточной Азии во второй половине ⅩⅨ века и Открытие Кореи 」, 『Slav Hakbo』18, 2003. 12.
「The Soviet Period in the Secondary History Textbook of Russia」, 『Western History Review』, 2003. 6.
「Lenin`s theory of the right of nations to self - determination」, 『Sachong』54, 1999, 5.
「Study of the Peasant Revolts in the age of Catherine the Great 」, 『Sukdaesaron』 21호, 1999. 5.
「A study on the Russian expansion to the Far East in the mid - 19th century」, 『Sachong』49, 1999. 5.
「The Origins of Slavophilism」, 『Western History Review』49, 1996. 5.
「Russian History Writing in the World History Text Books for Middle and Highschool Students」, 『Sachong』45, 1996. 5.
「France Absolute Monarchy and Peasant Revolts」, 『Sachong』43, 1994. 5.
L'aboutissement du d？bat sur le developpement de la Russie ？ l'？poque de la NEP, Universit？ de Paris Ⅰ, 1994.
Professor - Cho Myung Chul
■ Phone : +82-2-3290-2044
■ E-mail : email@example.com
『Korea-Japan Co-Research Report on History, Vol.4』, 한일역사공동위원회, 2005, (Co-author)
『War of Memory』, 이화여자대학교출판부, 2003. (Co-author)
『The Choice of the Japanese』, 다른세상, 2002. (Co-author)
『Modern and Contemporary Japanese History』, 한국방송통신대학교출판부, 2001. (Co-author)
『Invasion of Maritime Empire and Maritime Policy of Modern Chosun Dynasty』, 한국해양전략연구소, 2000. (Co-author)
『露日戰爭前後の政治と軍事-中堅層の政策構想を中心に-』, 東京大學日本史學硏究叢書3, 1996.【日本】
『Ten Chosun Governers』, 친일문제연구회, 1996. (Co-author) 『Japanese Thoughts through Disputes』, 일본사상사학회, 성균관대학교출판부, 2001. (Co-Translator)
『Japanese Thoughts through Disputes』, 일본사상사학회, 성균관대학교출판부, 2001. (Co-Translator)
「Expansion Policy and Manchurian Question in Modern Japan」, 『History of Korea-Japan Relations in East Asia』 下권, 2010
「Exploitation of China by Japan and Great Powers during the Sino-Japanese War」, 『일본연구』제 13집, 2010
「 The War and The Theory of Expansion in Modern Japan 」, 『사총』, 2008
「 Russo-Japanese War and East Asia 」, 『일본역사연구』, 2007
「 Strategic thinking on sovereignty over Dokdo -Focusing on the Japanese strategy on Dokdo 」, 『한국사학보』, 2007
「Russo-Japanese War and International Order of East Asia」, 『전쟁과 동북아의 국제질서』, 2006
「Reconsidering the Russo-Japanese War」, 『韓日軍事文化硏究』제 4집, 2006
「 Army clique to watch through the statistics in the Meiji period 」, 『日本歷史硏究』제 22집, 2005
「20世紀初 日本’s 大陸政策 and 韓國問題」, 한일역사 공동연구보고서, Vol.4, 2005.
「 The Boxer Rebellion and Development of Political Conditions in Asia -」, 『梨花史學硏究』 제29집, 2002.
「International Situation in East Asia in the early 20th century and Japan’s Continental Policy 」, 『일본역사연구』14집, 2001.
「The Establishment and Enforcement of Japanese Modern Navy」, 『海洋帝國의 侵略과 近代朝鮮의 海洋政策』, 韓國海洋戰略硏究所, 2000.
「Japan’s 皇國史觀」, 『한국사 시민강좌』28집, 일조각, 2000.
「Post-war Study of History in Japan – Popularization of History and Historical Consciousness」, 『中央史論』10/11합집, 1998.
「義和團事件and Japan’s Diplomatic Strategy」, 『日本歷史硏究』8, 1998.
「Japan’s 軍事戰略 and the Establishment of ‘國防方針’」, 『日本歷史硏究』5, 1997.
「 The Military Strategy in the Russo-Japanese War Period and the Decision Making Process of State Intention 」, 『日本歷史硏究』2, 1995.
「Politics and the military in the Russo-Japanese War period : foreign and military policy thinking of the Japanese military officers 」, 東京大學 博士學位論文, 1995.【日本】
「露日戰爭前後における陸軍中堅將校」, 東京大學 修士學位論文, 1992. 【日本】
「明治期 陸軍中堅將校に關する一硏究-上原勇作陸相擁立運動と國防方針を中心-」, 東京大學 大學阮 修士, 1990. 【日本】
「宮崎滔天’s Asia 認識 and its 實踐」, 高麗大學校 大學院, 1987.
Professor - Park Sang-Soo
■ Phone : +82-2-3290-2045
■ E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Colleges/Universities Attended||Principal Subject||Dates of Study||Degree/Year Awarded|
|Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales(E.H.E.S.S) in Paris, France||Doctoral Course:History of Chinese Communist Party and Secret Societies||1997-10-01 to 2002-12-18||PhD/2002|
|Department of History, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China||Advanced Studies:History of Chinese Communist Party and Secret Societies||1999-03-01 to 1999-08-30||Certificate/1999|
|Centre Audiovisuel de Royan pour l’Etude des Langues (CAREL) , Université de Poitier, France||Intensive course of French Language/Preparation for University||1996-09-30 to 1997-09-19||Certificate/1997|
|Institute of Modern Chinese History, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Beijing, China||Advanced Studies:History of Chinese Communist Revolution||1995-09-01 to 1996-08-30||Certificate/1996|
|Department of History, Korea University, Seoul, Korea||Doctoral course:Chinese Modern History||1992-03-01 to 1994-02-25||Certificate of Completion of Doctoral Course/1994|
|Department of History, Korea University, Seoul, Korea||Chinese Modern History||1988-03-01 to 1990-08-17||Master of Arts/1990|
|Department of History, Korea University, Seoul, Korea||History||1984-03-01 to 1988-02-25||Bachelor of Arts/1988|
1. Authored. 중국혁명과 비밀결사 [China’s Revolution and Secret Societies, 1930s-1940s] , Seoul: Siman Publishing Co., 2006
2. Edited and Introduced. 동북아의 이주와 초국가적 공간 [Migration and Transnational Spaces in North East Asia] , Asiatic Research Institute, Korea University, 2010
3. Edited and co-authored. 동아시아, 인식지평과 실천공간 [East Asia: Space of Theory and Praxis] , Asiatic Research Institute , Korea University, 2010
4. Edited and co-authored. 식민지 점령지하 협력자 집단과 논리 비교 [Comparative Studies on the Collaborators and their Arguments during the Occupation and Colonization] , Seoul: Sunin, 2009
5. Co-authored. 중국의 변강 인식과 갈등 [China’s Perception on the Border Land and its Conflicts with Neighbors] , Hansin University Press, 2007
6. Co-authored. 동아시아 근대 ‘네이션’ 개념의 수용과 변용 [Perception and Appropriation of Nation Conception in Modern East Asia] , Seoul: Koguryo Yongu Foundation, 2005
1. 중국현대사 [Contemporary History of China] , Seoul: Simsan Publishing Co., 2009 (Translation of Marie-Claire BERGERE, La Chine: de 1949 à nos jours , Paris: Armand Colin, 2000)
2. 중국 소비에트운동사 [China’s Soviet Movement] , Seoul: Koryowon, 1994 (Translation of Trygve Lötveit, Chinese Communism, 1931-1934: Experience in Civil Government, Scandinavian Institute of Asian Studies Monograph Series, n° 16, London and Malmö: Curzon Press Ltd, 1979 (second edition))
■ Refereed Journal articles
1. "20世纪三四十年代中共在陕甘宁边区与哥老会关系论析 [On the Relations of CCP and Gelaohui(Elder Brothers' Society) in the Shaan-Gan-Ning in the 1930s and 1940s]"， 近代史研究 Jindaishi Yanjiu （中国社会科学院近代史研究所）No.6, December 2005
2. “ 近代中国城市史研究之回顾与瞻望 [Retrospect and Prospect: The Studies of Modern Chinese Urban History]”, 城市史研究 Chengshi Shi Yanjiu (天津社会科学院历史研究所)，No. 29, December 2013
3. "日中戰爭期における中國人協力者（Chinese Collaborators）――硏究視点の省察 [Understanding Chinese Collaborators during the Sino-Japanese War: Review and Reflection on the Existing Literature]", 中國硏究月報 Chugoku kenkyu geppo , Vol. 66, No. 11, November 2012
4. “동아시아 근대 ‘아시아主義’ 讀法: 系譜, 類型, 層位 [How to Understand the Pan-Asianism in Modern East Asia: Genealogy, Typology and Horizon]”, The Journal of Asiatic Studies , No. 4, Vol. 56, December 2013
5. “중화인민공화국 초기 北京 基層 거버넌스 체제의 구축 ― 도시 街道의 국가와 사회, 1949-1954 ―[Formation of Urban Basic-level Governance System, Beijing, 1949-1954: State and Society in the Neighborhood(街道) Space]”, Dongyang sahak Yongu(Journal of Asian Historical Studies) , June 2013
6. “근대 동아시아 공간의 중국인 이주―구조적 배경을 중심으로 ―[Chinese Emigration in Modern Times East Asia: Focusing on the Structural Background]”, Sa-Chong , No. 75, January 2010.
7. "階級과 共和 ― 중국공산당의 ‘共和國’ 구상의 변천 ― [Class and 'Republic'(共和): The Evolution of the CCP's Conception on the Building of the Republic]", Korean Studies of Modern Chinese History , No. 52, December 2011
8. "戰後 ‘漢奸’ 재판과 한간의 對日 협력론 ― 재판 정황과 ‘협력적 민족주의’ ― [On the Nationalist Government's “Hanjian”(Chinese Traitors) Trials after the Sino-Japanese War and Their Collaborative Nationalism]", Korean Studies of Modern Chinese History , No. 47, September 2010
9. "한국발 ‘동아시아론’의 인식론 검토: 동아시아 연구, ‘초국가적 공간’으로부터 접근하자 [An Epistemological Analysis on Korean ‘East Asian Discourse’: Suggesting Researches on ‘East Asian Transnational Space’]", The Journal of Asiatic Studies , No. 1, Vol. 53, March 2010
10. "중일전쟁 종결 후 국민정부의 ‘漢奸’ 재산 처리 [On the Nationalist Government's Dealing with "Chinese Traitors"(Hanjian漢奸) Property after the Sino-Japanese War]", Korean Studies of Modern Chinese History , No. 44, December 2009
11. "최근 중국 학계의 韓•中 관계사 연구 시각과 논점 - 1992년 修交 以後를 중심으로 – [Analytical Approaches on Recent Chinese Studies on the History of Modern Sino-Korean Relations]", Daegu Sahak (The Daegu Historical Review), No. 95, May 2009
12. "루시엥 비앙코, 중국 농민의 '자발적' 집단행동 Lucien Bianco, Chinese Peasantry's Spontaneous Collective Action]", History and Culture , No. 15, March 2008
13. "1920-30년대 중국 서남지역 농촌의 神兵 운동 -농민 집단행동의 원인• 형태 및 근대 혁명운동과의 관계['Divine Soldiers'(神兵) Movement in South-West China during the 1920s and 1930s]", Korean Studies of Modern Chinese History , No. 35, September 2007
14. "중일전쟁 전후 대일 협력자 ‘汪精衛集團’의 형성(1928-1938) [Formation of Pro-Japanese Collaborator 'Wang Jingwei group' around the outbreak of Sino-Japanese War, 1928-1938]", Sa-Chong , No. 65, September 2007
15. "중국의 친일 '漢奸' 淸算 一考 - 사법적 처벌과 대중 운동을 통한 청산 – [On the Purge of Pro-Japanese Chinese Traitors (Hanjian): Judicial Punishment vs. Mass Movement Purge]", Chung Kuk Hak Po(Journal of Chinese Studies) , No. 55, June 2007
16. "식민지• 점령지 협력자 형성의 면면 - 일제하 한국, 중국, 만주, 베트남 및 독일 치하 유럽의 경험 비교 - [The Formation of Collaborators in Comparative Perspectives: Korea, China Proper, Manchuria, Vietnam and Europe]", The Journal of Asiatic Studies , No. 4, Vol. 49, December 2006
17. "중일전쟁기 화북의 대일 '협력자' : 국내정치의 역학관계를 통해 본 협력정권의 형성 [The North China's Collaborators during the Sino-Japanese War: Formation of Collaborationist Regime in View of the Domestic Political Context]", The Journal of Asiatic Studies , No. 4, Vol. 49, December 2006
18. "중국 근현대 다중형태의 국가권력 - 국가-사회 관계를 통해 본 국가권력의 변천 – [Polymorphous State Power of Modern and Contemporary China]", Chung Kuk Hak Po(Journal of Chinese Studies) , No. 53, June 2006
19. "중국 근대 '民族國家'(nation-state)의 창조와 '逸疆' 문제 The Invention of Chinese Modern Nation-State and Border Land", Chung Kuk Hak Po(Journal of Chinese Studies) , No. 52, December 2005
20. "중일전쟁기 중국공산당 권력의 성장과 지역사회[The Rise of the Chinese Communist Power and Local Society during the Sino-Japanese War]", The Journal of Asiatic Studies , Vol. 48, No. 4, December, 2005
21. "국가권력, 자율적 지역권력 그리고 초기 공산당 활동[State Power, Autonomous Local Power and the Early CCP Activities]", Korean Studies of Modern Chinese History , No. 28, December 2005
22. "1920-30년대 중국 江蘇 북부의 '小刀會' - 敎門系 비밀결사와 촌락공동체의 결속력 – [Small Sword Society(Xiaodaohui) in Northern Jiangsu in the 1930s and 1940s]", Chungguksa Yongu(The Journal of Chinese Historical Researches) , No. 37, August 2005
23. "20세기 전환기 중국 네이션(nation) 개념의 형성 [The Formation of Chinese 'Nation' Conception at the Turn of 20th Century]", The Journal of Sinology , No. 19, June 2005
24. "1920년대 말~30년대 전반 중국 소비에트 경제론 분석 [The Discourse of Chinese Soviet Economy from the end of the 1920s to the First Half of the 1930s]", Sa-Chong , No. 60, March 2005
25. "20세기 전반 중국 서북지역 哥老會의 확산과 존재양상 - 농촌사회의 해체구조와 관련하여 – [Propagation and Existence Mode of Gelaohui in the Northwest of China in the First Half of the 20th Century]", Korean Studies of Modern Chinese History , No. 25, March 2005
26. "제도화 없는 노동운동 - 중국 노동운동의 역사적 퍼스펙티브 [Labor Movement without Institutionalization: The Case of China]", Chung Kuk Hak Po(Journal of Chinese Studies) , No. 50, December, 2004
27. "중국 공산주의운동 초기 中共의 비밀결사관의 변천 - 전국적 수준, 1920-1934 – [Evolution of CCP's Attitude toward the Secret Societies, 1920-1934]", Chungguksa Yongu(The Journal of Chinese Historical Researches) , No. 30, June 2004
28. "중국 서북지역 早期 공산주의 운동과 哥老會, 1928-1935 [Early Communist Movement and the Gelaohui in the Northwestern China, 1928-1935]", Yoksa Hakbo(The Korean Historical Review) , No. 181, March 2004
29. "中共의 哥老會 정치화 - 陝甘寧逸區, 1936-1937 – [Politicization of the Gelaohui by the CCP], Dongyang sahak Yongu(Journal of Asian Historical Studies) , March 2004
30. "漢學에서 社會科學으로 - 프랑스의 근현대 중국사학 [From Sinology to Social Science: French Studies on the Modern History]”, Chung Kuk Hak Po(Journal of Chinese Studies) , No. 48, December 2003
31. "중국 근현대의 국가, 사회 그리고 비밀결사 [Chinese Modern State, Society and Secret Societies]", The Journal of Asiatic Studies , No. 3, Vol. 46, October 2003
■ Papers in Proceedings of International Conferences
1. “19-20世紀之交中國nation槪念的形成及其特徵[The Formation of ‘Nation’ Conception at the Turn of the 20th Century in China]”, 第六屆韓日兩地域中國近現代史硏究者交流會學術會議論文集 [Proceedings of the Sixth Korea-Japan Scholarly Exchange Conference on Chinese Modern and Contemporary History], Osaka: Kinki University, January 2014
2. “中國近現代國家權力の變遷[Evolution of Chinese Modern State]”, 東アジア:持續力ある對話へ [East Asia: Toward Sustainable Dialogue](Proceedings of Korea University-Nihon University Scholarly Exchange Conference), Tokyo: Nihon University, September 2013
3. “한중 수교 후 중국 학계의 한국사 한중관계사 연구 현황과 특징 [Chinese Academia’s Researches on Korean History as well as History of Sino-Korean Relationship since Sino-Korean Diplomatic Normalization]”, 中国第十三届韩国学国际研讨会论文集[Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Conference on Korean Studies], Guangzhou: Sun Yat-sen University, November 2012
4. “日中戦争期における中国人協力者 [Chinese Collaborators with Japan During the Sino-Japanse War, 1937-1945], in ゆらぐ＜境界＞ ― 戦時期東アジアと日本 [Fluid ‘Borders’: East Asia and Japan during the WWII], Gakushuin Women’s University, July 2012
5.“从村落共同体的凝聚力看苏北小刀会：社会史与文化史视角 [The Sword Society in Northern Jiangsu Viewed from Rural Communal Solidarity: A Social and Cultural Point of View]”, in 第二届 中国秘密社会史国际学术研讨会论文集 [Proceedings of the Second International Symposium on Secret Societies in Chinese History], Shandong University, August 2009
6. “20世纪前期西北地区秘密社会的扩散与存在模式 — 农村社会的解体与哥老会 [Propagation and Mode of Existence of Secret Societies in Northwest China in the First Half of the 20th Century: Disintegration of Rural Society and Gelaohui (Elder Brothers Society)],” in 断裂与连续：金元以来的华北社会文化国际学术研讨会论文集 [Proceedings of International Conference on Rupture and Continuity: Society and Culture of North China since Jin-Yuan Dynasties]， 南开大学中国社会史研究中心, Nankai University，August 2009
7. “中国学术界对近代中韩关系史的认识 [Chinese Academia’s Perception on the Modern Sino-Korean Relationship]”, in 第九届韩国传统文化国际学术研讨会论文集 [Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Korean Traditional Culture], Zhejiang University, November 2008
8. “二十世纪三四十年代陕甘宁边区中共与哥老会关系考论 [Relationship between the CCP and Gelaohui in Shan-Gan-Ning Border Region during the 1930s and 1940s]”, in 中国近代社会与秘密社会史国际学术讨论会论文集 [Proceedings of the International Conference on Modern Chinese Society and Secret Societies], Shanghai Normal University, December 2004
HONORS, AWARDS, Scholarships
1. Harvard-Yenching Institute Fellowship, Harvard Yenching Institute, USA: 2014-2015 “Urban Governance of Neighborhood Space in Mao's Era, 1949-1976"
2. HK(Humanities Korea) Grant, Ministry of Education, KOREA: November 2008 to August 2017 “동북아시아의 초국가적 공간 : 사상, 사회문화, 제도의 교류와 재구성”[The Transnational Space of Northeast Asia: Intellectual and Socio-cultural Exchanges, Institutional Interactions, and their Restructuring]
3. Research grant of Toyota Foundation, JAPAN: July 2005 to June 2007
“植民地・占領地の「協力」の比較研究―韓国、中国、満州、台湾、ベトナムの事例とヨッロパの経験―” [Comparative Studies on 'Collaboration' during the Japanese Occupation and Colonization in Korea, China, Manchuria, Taiwan, and Vietnam as well as Experiences in Europe]
4. Excellent Scholarly Book of the Year Award, Ministry of Culture, KOREA, 2007 중국혁명과 비밀결사 [China’s Revolution and Secret Societies], Seoul: Siman Publishing Co., 2006.
5. Excellent Research Result of the Year Award, Korea Research Foundation, 2006. "20世纪三四十年代中共在陕甘宁边区与哥老会关系论析 [On the Relations of CCP and Gelaohui(Elder Brothers' Society) in the Shaan-Gan-Ning in the 1930s and 1940s]"，近代史研究 Jindaishi Yanjiu（中国社会科学院近代史研究所）No. 6, December 2005
6. Scholarship of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, FRANCE: September 1996 to August 2000
7. Research grant for Chinese studies, Yeonkang Foundation, Doosan Group, KOREA: September 1995 to August 1996
Professor - Ho-Keun CHOI
■ Phone : +82-2-3290-2053
■ E-mail : email@example.com
- 1984-1988 Bachelor of Arts/1988, History,
Department of History, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
- 1988-1990 Master of Arts/1990, Late Modern Western history, Department of History, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
- 1995-1999 Ph.D/1999, Late Modern Western History Department of History, University of Bielefeld, Germany
1990-1993 Instructor/Full-time Instructor, Department of History, Korea Military Academy
2000–2001 Post-doctor Fellow, College of Liberal Arts, Seoul National University
2002–2005 Research Professor, Institute for Elementary Education, Busan National University of Education,
2005–2016 Research Professor, Institute for the Study of History, Korea University 2016- Associate Professor, Department of History, Korea University
Honors, Awards, Scholarships
2015 Visiting Scholar Fellowship from DAAD, Germany
2014 Excellent Article of the Year, Korea Research Foundation
2011 Lecture Award, Chungang University
2009 Excellent Book of the Year, Korean Ministry of Culture : German Education of History (Daekyo: Seoul)
2008 Excellent Book of the Year, The National Academy of Sciences: Die ungewollte Revolution 1848 by W. J. Mommsen (translation from German)
2007 Excellent Book of the Year : Holocaust. A Black Box of the Contemporary Western History (Purunyeoksa: Seoul)
2007 Granite Lecture Award, Korea University
2005 Excellent Book of the Year, Korean Ministry of Culture: Genocide (Chaeksesang: Seoul)
2002 Lecture Award, Yonsei University
1995 Doctoral Scholarship, Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, Germany
2016.12 Transnational Encounters between Germany and Korea: Affinity in Culture and Politics in the Long Twentieth Century (London, Palgrave MacMillan)
2011.10 European Conception of Dokdo (Northeast Asian History Foundation)
2011.06 City ist History (Seohae-munjip)
2009.07 Memory and War (Humanist)
2009.07 German Education of History (Daekyo)
2008.12 A Guide of History in 21th Century (Kyongin-munhwasa)
2007.07 Weltbürgertum und Nationalstaat (Nanam), translation from German
2006.12 Die ungewollte Revolution 1848 (Purun-yeoksa), translation from German
2006.10 States and Memory (Korea Democracy Foundation), translation from English
2006.08 Historial Memorials around the World (Korea Democracy Foundation)
2006.04 Holocaust. A Black Box of the Contemporary Western History (Purun-yeoksa)
2005.07 Genocide (Chaeksesang)
2005.02 Memory of Wars : History and Literature, Vol. 1 (Wolin)
2002.06 The World War II and the German-Polish Relationship (Korea Educational Development Institute)v 2002.03 Postmodernism and History (Purun-yeiksa)
2000.08 Max Weber und der Historismus (Waltrop: Hartmut Spenner)
1992.06 German Conception of History (Bakmungak), translation from English
Papers of Conferences
- “Strategies for Holocaust Education in a Country without Holocaust,” International Conference for Holocaust Education, organized by UNESCO and U. S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington D. C., USA
- “From Criminal State to Normal State : Enlightenment Project of Federal Republic of Germany after 1945”, Busan
- “Making a Community of Belief through Historical Education? : State Power and the politics of History in Germany during the Wilhelminian Era”, National Conference of Korean Historians, Seoul
- “Erinnerungskultur im Wandel in Südkorea nach 1945,” Bürgergesellschaft und Erinnerungslandschaft: Konferenz des Internationalen Graduiertenkollegs Halle-Tokyo Universität, Halle, Germany
- “Vergangenheitsthematisierung in Deutschland und Japan aus koreanischer Sicht,” Bürgergesellschaft und Erinnerungslandschaft: Konferenz des Internationalen Graduiertenkollegs Halle-Tokyo Universität, Halle, Germany
- “Collective Memory, Museum and Peace Education - Germany and Japan”, National History Museum, Seoul
2012 - “Holocaust Education in South Korea,” Learning from the Past: Global Perspectives on Holocaust Education, Salzburg Global Seminar, Salzburg, Austria
- “Memories of Sexual Violence during the World War II and the Younger Generations of Japan”, Seoul
- “A Conceptual Sketch of Peace Museum for the Children”, Youngwol-Yonsei Forum, Youngwol
- “Planning and Management of Commemoration Activity, Korean Ministry of Culture, Gwangju
- “Enlightenment and Historicism”, Reviewing the Historicism, Korean Society of the History of Historiography, Seoul
- “Struggle for Evidences - Historiography of the Holocaust”, Tradition as Evidence, Masan
- “The German Peasant War in the Mirror of the Historical Paintings”, International Conference of Donghak Peasant Revolution, Seoul
- “Forced Deportation of European Jews and Trauma of Auschwitz,” Narratives of Migration and Diaspora in the Age of Global Capitalism, Suwon
- “A Critical Consideration of the German National Memorials in 19th Century”, National Conference of Korean Historians, Seoul
- “Wehrmacht's Massacre against the European Jews and the Vergangenheitsbewältigung in Germany”, Nogun-ri International Conference, Seoul
- “Korean Reception of German Theory of History after 1945”, Reception of the German History in Northeast Asia, Daegu
- “Holocaust and Genocide”, Korean Society of German History, Gwangju
- “War and Genocide”, Masan
- “Changes of Holocaust Memory in USA”, Korean Society of American History
- “Holocaust Memory and History Making in Israel”, National Conference of Korean Historians, Seoul
- “Historicism and New Historicism”, Korean Society of the History of Historiography, Seoul
- “Postmodernism and History : a Case of Germany”, National Conference of Korean Historians
- “Das historische Verstehen bei Georg Simmel,” Simmel Society, Bielefeld, Germany
2016.09. Holocaust Education in a Country without Holocaust Experience: Facing Burdensome Past with Rescuer Stories in South Korea, CONTEMPORARY REVIEW OF MIDDLE EAST
2016.04 Vom Etatistischen zum Republikanischen Totenkult. Südkoreanische Erinnerungskultur seit 1945, FORMWANDEL DER BÜERGERGESELLSCHAFT
2016.03 Narrative Structure of the Roman History by T. Mommsen, SEOYANG-SARON(Journal of Western History)
2015.03 The Birth of Modern Western History and B. G. Niebuhr, YEOKSA-HAKBO(The Korean Historical Review)
2015.03 Making a Community of Belief through Historical Education? : State Power and the politics of History in Germany during the Wilhelminian Era, SEOYANG-SARON(Journal of Western History)
2014.03 A. L. Schlözer and Late German Enlightenment Historiography, SEOYANG-SARON(Journal of Western History)
2013.12 Vergangenheitsbewältigung in German Historiography: a Case of T. Schieder, SEOYANG-SARON(Journal of Western History)
2013.04 History Education at Commemoration Institutions in Germany, YEOKSA-WA-DAMRON(History and Discourse)
2013.03 Narrative and History Education, YEOKSA-GYOYUK(History Education)
2012.12 Holocaust Education and the Memory of Sexual Slavery of Japanese Army, JISIK-YUNGHAP(Convergence of Knowledge)
2011.12 Efficiency and Strategies of Education of Burdensome History: Germany, Israel, and U.S. America, YEOKSA-GYOYUK(History Education)
2011.10 Struggle for Evidence: Historiography of the Holocaust, GARA-MUNHWA(Gara Culture)
2011.06 Enlightenment and Historicism, HANGUK-SAHAKSA-HAKBOThe Korean Journal of History of Historiography)
2010.11 Boom of Establishing National Memorials in the Wilhelminian Germany and Nationalism 1871-1914, DAEGU-SAHAK(Daegu Journal of History)
2009.12 Spatial Representation of the Holocaust: Germany, Israel, and U.S. America, DOKIL-YEONGU(German Studies)
2007.12 Korean Reception of German Theory of History after 1945, DOKIL-YEONGU(German Studies)
2007.08 Wehrmacht's Massacre against the European Jews and the Vergangenheitsbewältigung in Germany, GEONICE-YEONGU(Genocide Studies)
2006.12 The Crisis of Spirit at the End of the 19th Century and Dilthey's Critic of the Reason of History, HANGUK-SAHAKSA-HAKBO(The Korean Journal of History of Historiography)
2006.08 Asymmetrical Memories of the War?: A Comparative Study of German and Japanese Memories of the World War II, YEOKSA-BIPYEONG(Review of History)
2005.09 War and Genocide, YEOKSA-WA-GYEONGGYE(History and Border)
2005.06 Discourses of the Cultural History at the End of the 19th Century and Max Weber's Historical Science of Culture, YEOKSA-HAKBO(The Korean Historical Review)
2005.03 History Education and the Holocaust in Israel, YEOKSA-GYOYUK-RONJIP(Journal of History Education)
2005.03 Facing with the Burdensome Past: German Memories of the Holocaust, SEOYANG-SARON(Journal of Western History)
2005.03 W. v. Humboldt's Ideenlehre and Theory of Understanding, YEOKSA-GYOYUK(History Education)
2004.12 What is the Genocide?, DOKIL-YEONGU(German Studies)
2004.12 Raul Hilberg. A Representative Historian of the Holocaust, YEOKSA-WA-MUNHWA(History and Culture)
2004.08 Holocaust Memory and History Making in Israel, YEOKSA-BIPYEONG(Review of History)
2004.05 Changes of Holocaust Memory in USA, MIGUKSA-YEONGU(Korean Review of American History)
2003.09 Historicism and New Historicism, HANGUK-SAHAKSA-HAKBO(The Korean Journal of History of Historiography)
2003.03 Collective Memory and History, YEOKSA-GYOYUK(History Education)
2002.12 The First World War and Historians: a Comparative Study of Wartime Activities of the German and American Historians, YEOKSA-HAKBO(The Korean Historical Review)
2001.10 The First World War and Friedrich Meinecke, DOKIL-YEONGU(German Studies)
2001.09 Challenge of New Cultural History and Response of the Social History: Recent Discourses in Germany, HANGUK-SAHAKSA-HAKBO(The Korean Journal of History of Historiography)
2001.03 Max Weber and German Tradition of Historical Science, SEOYANG-SARON(Journal of Western History)
2000.08 Das Historische Verstehen bei Simmel: ein Vergleich mit Droysen, Dilthey und Weber, SIMMEL STUDIES
2000.06 Max Weber and Gustav von Schmoller: Weber's Critic and Reception of the German Historical School of the National Economy, SACHONG(Historical Journal)
1990.12 A Study of J. G. Droysen's Theory of Understanding, SACHONG(Historical Journal)